Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Taking Care of Business

I forgot to tell you all one thing from the trip that still makes me laugh.

The morning that we were leaving the headline of the USA Today was that the Tigers swept the Yankees. And Granny B was enthralled with it. She kept saying how she couldn't believe it.

I commented that I wasn't surprised because Derek Jeter broke his ankle and he was carrying the team.

Granny B's response, "What was he? Their quarterback?"

***

It was back to interval training at CrossFit this morning. Only we bumped up from 6x400m to 4x800m. 

I was not thrilled to read the workout last night. Women were taking off every 5 minutes. And it would be a total of 2 miles when we were finished.

Before we got started, our coach told us to take it easy, one of the competitors at the gym did this workout last week and tanked in the final two runs because he went too hard on the first two.

My goal was to not be the slowest.

I finished with a 3:57, 3:56, 3:58, and 3:58.

You guys, that means, I am basically holding an eight-minute mile for two miles!

I can hardly contain my excitement!



No comments:

Post a Comment