Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivation and Results

Here goes nothing, friends! 

It is time for results!

I have agreed to run the PF Chang's 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix on January 20.

I have a goal in mind, but I'm going to get a few longer training runs in to see if it is attainable before I announce it to all of you.

Stay tuned for that. 

Either way, I need to start spending a little more time training.

And I also need to lose the fat in my midsection so I am starting a new program.

It is called, "I'm still a 5-year-old at heart and I'll do anything for a sticker."

I have printed out calendars for October, November, December, and January - and every time I go to CrossFit, I get a sticker. And every time I run a training run, I get a sticker. And every time I do a Tabata workout (learn more about that below), I get a sticker.

So now I need prizes for sticker levels. 

I figure that 30 stickers can be a new pair of shoes.

But I'm open to suggestions. I think a prize every time I reach 10 stickers is doable. Obviously, small and large prizes are needed - let's face it, I'm not made of money.

So, if you have any prize ideas - let me know in the comments.

If you would like to sponsor a prize level - I'm totally open to that as well. :)

I'll take pictures of my calendars once they start filling up with stickers.

The other thing I will do on the calendar is to keep track of my miles and pace so I can know where I'm at. I'll share that too.

Now, on to Tabata.

For the record, Tabata and I are not friends.

However, as you probably know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and Fit Phreak, who has some great t-shirts, is having a Tabatas 4 Tatas Challenge.

And I'm taking part - you can read what it is below.


As you can see, it is only 4 minutes, twice a week, and you should be able to do it anywhere.

If any of you are interested, like Fit Phreak on Facebook to get the workouts. The first one is air squats, and it needs to be completed by Wednesday.

I have committed to a nickel for each rep I complete. If you do not want to participate physically, but would like to sponsor my reps, I am accepting pledges of any amount. To be fair, you can expect me to do somewhere in the realm of 90-100 squats for this first challenge. So maybe don't get crazy with your pledge.

Remember - there will be two challenges a week, so the money can add up quickly.

I'll post my results each week so you can keep up.

This is going to be fun!

Now, I'm off to the dollar store to buy some stickers!


No comments:

Post a Comment