Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Results

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I had to have some blood work done. 

Based on the fact that I eat fairly good and workout pretty hard, I was feeling like I was not getting the results that I should - so I talked to a friend of mine who is a nutritionist and we ordered up some blood tests.

Last week I had the blood drawn and on Tuesday I got the email that the results were in.

I sent them over to my friend and then started checking them out myself.

One of the areas that had a red flag next to it was calcium.

So I did what any normal person would have done...

I googled "high blood calcium level." And then the proverbial shit hit the fan.

Words like tumor, cancer, expert surgeon, and milk-alkalai syndrome were all over the page. 

I was freaking out.

I emailed the results to my friend and she asked when I could chat by phone, I gave her my schedule for the day.

She responded that she was booked for the next two days and how was Thursday?

I said, Thursday? Are you serious? I'm freaking out! I'm sure I'm dying. I know it's a tumor.

She said, It's not a tumor.

Actually she said, You're not dying. We can fix you.

But it really sounds so much better the other way.

Today we had that conversation and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

A few concerns that a few months of supplements should fix.

Fingers crossed!

1 comment: