Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

New Rules

I interviewed for a new job on Monday.

It couldn't have gone better.

Seriously - I ROCKED it!

But I didn't get the job.

Not a lot of people knew that I was applying and interviewing for this job, but there were a handful of them.

Some of those, I told right away. Others asked how the interview went today and I had to break the news.

Nearly every person said the same thing. Some variation of, "Wow - their loss."

And let me tell you - that's nice to hear.

Rodney Carrington has a comedy bit about funerals, it goes something like:

"Funerals are awkward…They always try to make you feel better by saying, 'He's gone to a better place.' Well what if he was an asshole? What do you say then? Shouldn't have buried him in the sweater…"

So I got to thinking, were people just saying the job interview version of "He's gone to a better place?" 

I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment