Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

No Easy Way

Before we get into today's post - please tell me that you all watch New Girl on Fox! Seriously, if you don't, stop reading and go rent any of the seasons that are available, stream this season on your Netflix or Hulu, do whatever you have to do to watch this show!

In my humble opinion, it is the best show on television. I was literally in tears watching last night's episode. Honest. I freaking love it!

Now back to the topic at hand...

Yesterday one of the women I work with popped her head into my office and said, "Wow, girl! You are losing a ton of weight - you look great! You have to tell me your secret!" 

I said, "No secret. Just working out and watching what I eat."

For the record, I hate the term, "watching what I eat." It's stupid.

Do you know what else I hate? When people say, "are you allowed to eat that?"

I'm allowed to eat whatever I want. I am a grown ass woman. I make the choices that I want to make.

I can eat whatever I want as long as I am prepared to deal with the consequences of those decisions. 

Sometimes I make bad decisions. Sometimes I make questionable decisions. For the most part, I'd like to think that I make good decisions and that is what counts.

My goal is to CrossFit four times a week. Does it always happen? No. But I don't beat myself up about it when I don't make it. I just take it one day at a time.

It kills a little part of my soul every time I hear a commercial about a new product that is going to help you lose weight fast. 

You guys, that may work for the time that you are taking it, but it is highly unlikely that you will be able to take it forever.

The 500 calorie/day diet? Yeah, I bet you're going to lose a shit ton of weight. But you can't live like that.

There is only one way to lose weight and be healthy - diet and exercise. And not diet in the term you think of. Diet in the sense of what you eat. Change your life and your habits.

Start by changing one meal a day. Once that becomes second nature, throw in another meal.

It's not easy. I'll never tell you it is.

But I will tell you that it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment