Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one
terrible twos

Tiny turns two on Wednesday of this week and we celebrated yesterday with pizza, salad, and chaos.

I can't believe that little guy is two years old. I remember the day he was born. I was supposed to be on my way to Salt Lake City from Cortez, CO; but due to a total twist of fate, I ended up back in Phoenix for something like 8 hours and despite his stubborn nature, he went ahead and arrived on schedule.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this kid.



two
you gotta have faith

Lots of talk lately about risks and rewards - and today I took a big leap of faith. I gave my two weeks notice at my job. There are a few things that are pending as far as next steps, but I'm going into this with a little faith and a lot of prayer. 

I decided that few people get what they are truly searching for in life without taking a big leap at some point.

So, coming up on my 30th birthday, I decided it was time that I made a few decisions for me. I'm hoping there will be lots of adventure to share soon!

three
the girls of spring

BodyBuilder and Jodus* are coming into town this weekend for Spring Training. BodyBuilder and I have dedicated a weekend in March to Spring Training since we were seniors in college in 2003. 

It is one of my favorite traditions and I'm really looking forward to it with the addition of Jodus!

four
cardiac cats

Ten years ago I was a sophomore in college and a new member of my sorority. It was March and that means life in Tucson, AZ was all about college basketball.  

The Duke Blue Devils beat my team in the national championship game and my new sorority sisters and I walked down to 4th Avenue to watch the riots break out.

Yesterday afternoon, my team took it down to the wire to beat the Texas Longhorns and earn their way into the Sweet Sixteen to take on Duke. I don't think I'll be rioting in any streets regardless of the outcome, but I am proud of my Cats!

(Oh, and I am still number four in my bracket pool - what now?!?)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you with your job! Looking forward to hearing what is to come.

    That lil guy is beyond precious. Look at his blonde locks! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG. Calling you in the AM. I am so happy for you Rach!!

    ReplyDelete