Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Wisdom

In 2004, I was working on the Bush/Cheney '04 campaign.

As you can imagine, work on a Presidential campaign is stressful. Really - work on any campaign is stressful.

Either way, as we got closer to Election Day in 2004, the stress became unbearable. One day I was talking to one of my friends back at HQ in Arlington, VA - relaying my stresses about whatever was going on at that moment. What he said to me that day has stuck with me.

I wrote it on a note card and it sits on my desk at home now.

"The risks are great, but the rewards infinite."

What a great message.

As it often happens, when the risks are at the highest, the rewards are probably higher. 

They have to be to make it worth it.

When the rewards are infinite - take the risks - I think you'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment