Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1, 2, 3 - Zumba!

As I mentioned yesterday, I did Zumba on Saturday morning with Match and SuperFan.

It was fun, but I didn't feel like it was a very good workout. So Match told me that I had to try the class on Monday and Wednesday night - the teacher is on crack.

I was talking to Lynsky about it on Saturday afternoon and decided that I had to at least go for the entertainment.

Oh my word - entertainment is an understatement.

I wish I had a picture of this woman.

She can't be a day younger than 60 and she is freaking built! I don't think any part of her jiggled.

And she LOVES Zumba!

First of all, she walked in wearing pants that said Zumba on the leg and a tank top that said Zumba like 5 times down the front.

And then class started.

When I was in elementary school we were separated by gender for PE - and the girls teacher used to make us do these workout tapes. There was a lot of Sweatin' to the Oldies, and some other equally cheesy videos. And the person leading the video would always be super perky and say things like, "Smile, Ladies, we're burning fat!!"

This was similar.

Times 10.

The music started and she starts doing the routine and we're all following along (well, except for the guy whose wife makes him come and he has no idea what he is doing and looks miserable).

Then she just starts yelling out, "Yes!" and "Harder!"

It was out of control! 

I was standing next to Lynsky and we were cracking up.

I seriously wish that I could video her for you.

There is some speculation that she was a stripper in a past life because during one of the songs she tells us to go freestyle and her "freestyle" moves are a little risqué. 


I will be going back. And I'll try to at least get a picture of the teacher, just so you can have a visual.


1 comment: