Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Ones Who Matter Most

Do you have those people in your life who you can pick up with no matter how long it has been since the last time you talked?

Who have made a difference in your life through what they have done or said?

I am fortunate to have those kinds of friends.

There are some people I have encountered in my life who have truly changed me for good.

Today I was reminded of one of them. Someone who taught me that it was OK to just be who I was. A difficult lesson for a codependent middle child (one I still struggle with.)

Someone who went through a pretty serious bump in the road and came out stronger for it. Teaching me that things may not always be what they seem.

A person who I don't see, or even talk to, very often. But who I know would be there if I ever needed them.

Do you have a person like this in your life? 

Tell them!

Seriously. Stop reading right now and call them. Or text them. Or email them. Or send them flowers.

Let them know what they mean to you.

None of us know what tomorrow will bring. Life is often too short.

Do not let another minute pass.

Everyone wants to know that they matter - that they've made a difference for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few good pals like that. We can go weeks without talking (though we shouldn't) and when we pick up the phone or see each other it's just like we've talked everyday. Great reminder to not let there be the weeks in between!

    ReplyDelete