Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fastest Girl In Town

I know you all are probably tired of hearing about the run this past weekend, but a couple more stories...

I promise.

When we signed up for the Mini Marathon, one of the questions was your 5K finishing time, so I plugged in 28 minutes. Based on that, they put us in corrals for the start.

So I get my confirmation page and at the top it says, "Projected Finish Time: 28:00."

Wizzuh-wha? I'm not going to run 5.4 miles in 28 minutes! I mean, that would be freaking awesome! But I'm not that fast.

So, I get to the expo to pick up my number and I go to the table for Corral 1. And I tell the lady at the table how excited I am to be at the first table and people are looking at me like, "Whoa, that girl can run fast!" When in reality I'm only running the Mini Marathon.

Sunday morning rolls around and Dirty, Banana, and I are standing at the Light Rail station waiting for the train and this group of Canadians starts talking to us. All of the sudden one of the guys looks at my race number and says, "Wow, you're in Corral #1? You must be really fast."

For a second I just looked at him. Then I clued him in to the fact that I was only running the Mini.

Flash forward and Banana and I are trying to find our corrals - we thought there were different ones for our race and we start asking people wearing RaceCrew shirts. With no luck.

Finally we go up to a table to ask, and the guy says to us, "You can't be in Corral #1, that's for the fastest runners in the world."

Excuuuse me, Officer!

How do you know I'm not one of the fastest people in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment