Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Losin' It!

I believe I have told you before about my love/hate relationship with the Biggest Loser.

On one hand, I love, love, love that they are showing these people how to eat right and workout in order to lose weight.

On the other hand, given the opportunity to live in a controlled environment and workout all day long, anyone could lose weight.

Additionally, I think that for the majority of the people who are on the show, there is a psychological reason that they have let themselves get to this point and I don't think they spend enough time getting to the root of the problems.

This year, they brought Jillian Michaels back and I couldn't be happier. I have the biggest girl crush ever on her and would love for her to by my trainer.

The other thing I love about this year is Bob's commitment to CrossFit.

But more importantly, on the second episode of the season, the contestants all had to visit the doctor for follow up from their initial screenings to be on the show. 

The results were astounding, but that isn't the point.
At one point the doctor said to one of the contestants, "If I told you today that you had lymphoma, would you find two hours a day for chemo?"

He went on to tell the man that the health issues that he has developed because of his obesity are as dangerous as lymphoma.

I loved the way he put it though.

Why can we find time for chemo, but not the gym. That is obviously an extreme example, but you get the point.

I will be the first to admit, getting out of bed at 4:15 four days a week sucks. Seriously. I hate it.

But I know that if I'm not at the gym at 5 am, I'm probably not going to the gym. So I sacrifice.

And I love the person that it has made me.

I just wish that everyone would find that time to make themselves healthier.

1 comment: