Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

These Taste Just Like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...Yeah Right!

I'll take you on a little trip back in time for today's post. 

Way back when I was travelling quite a bit for work.

And I was on a trip to California - I can't remember what event I was there for, but I know that I spent the first part of the trip with Dirty and the second part of the trip with BigSurprise.

I believe that BigSurprise and I were heading to Nevada, but there was some off days in between events so I was staying the weekend at her house.

For some reason, we decided that we would take a day trip to Yosemite National Park. So we woke up in the morning, had a little breakfast and started on our way with a map and maybe a water bottle or two.

A couple of hours down the road, we realize that we are in the middle of nowhere and we have no food. And I am starting to get hungry.

Then BigSurprise remembers that she has these protein bars in her car so she gets one out and we are going to share it.


I'm a little skeptical - I really am not a big fan of protein bars. So I'm checking out the packaging and analyzing my options when she tells me, "Oh stop - I eat them all the time - they taste great! Just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!"

Fine. I open the package and can immediately smell the protein. This is not looking good.

I take a bite and I almost hurl! Literally, this most assuredly DID.NOT! taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! 

But we ended up having a blast and I never ate another Think Thin bar again!


One of the many pictures that we took of ourselves along the way. At one point we stopped at a designated photo spot and I asked someone to take our picture, complete with hand gestures. They looked like they spoke English, but they did not. So BigSurprise yells at me that I found the foreigners and they didn't even know what I was saying.

I assured her that the hand gesture I used was the universal sign for "take a picture."

At least she didn't tell us to say "chicken bone."

No comments:

Post a Comment